Dlink support by experts
Dlink is a multinational company in Taiwan founded in 1986 that manufactures the most prominent networking equipment and exports worldwide. Dlink provides a complete range of home networks connectivity devices like Integrated Access Device wireless routers and Ethernet switches for Fiber for business purposes / Ethernet to the home network. In this article, you will get information about getting a Dlink login, Dlink router setup, Dlink wifi extender, reset Dlink router, Dlink firmware update, and also discuss the issues you may face further. How if you need more help, you can talk to the customer support team of an independent third-party service provider. They will listen to your issues and will help you to solve them.
How to setup the Dlink router? >> Dlink setup help
We need a router to connect the internet with a computer or any other device through a LAN wire or wireless connection(WI-FI). Dlink is the most valuable company that makes networking equipment. In this article, we mentioned about Dlink router setup. To Dlink setup, you must first connect your Dlink router properly.
How to connect Dlink Router?
- Select the right place for the Dlink router where it is easy to connect with a LAN cable to the broadband gateway from the Internet service provider(ISP) for a better network experience
- Connect your router to power. To get a better internet connection to our devices, attach an ISP Ethernet port from a fiber with a router through a CAT5 or CAT6 cable
- Once you connect to the internet successfully, the led light of the router will start glowing. Now, connect a device to check the internet connection.
You can also connect multiple computers to the router through a LAN cable
Dlink router setup >> Configure Dlink router help
To configure the Dlink router, follow the information below.
- Open your web browser. Login with your Dlink default IP
- Type 192.168.0.1 on the search bar of the web browser and click enter
- Enter the default username “ADMIN” and leave the password space blank
- Choose the “LOGIN” option beside the password box to access Dlink setup page
- Go to the internet section on the left, then choose the option “Manual internet connection setup” below
- Select the type of internet connection from the drop-down menu
Configuration/setup detail are listed below for each type of internet connection with a cable
Configure the router for cable internet connection
- Select the Dynamic IP (DHCP) option to setup the router with an internet LAN cable
- Select “Clone your pc mac address.” It is important to make MAC address cloning required for the internet through a LAN wire connection because ISP(internet service provider) usually registers the PC Ethernet adapter’s MAC address to allow internet access for the selected device. It blocks any unregistered user from allowing access internet connection. Only registered users can access the internet connection through an ISP cable
- Leave the space of the hostname blank, or leave it with the default hostname. If the service provider does not provide any DNS server, hostname, etc. Click on the “save” button
Configure the router with the DSL connection and PPTP connection
- Choose the “PPPoE(username/password)” option from drop-down list
- Enter the provided username and password by ISP
- If the internet service provider doesn’t provide any Dlink routers IP address, then leave the address with the “DYNAMIC” option
There is no need to clone the mac address in the DSL connection because they don’t use to verify the user
- Choose the option “Save settings.”
Configuration with static Dlink routers IP address
- Type the full Dlink routers IP address provided by your internet service provider containing the DNS server, subnet mask, Default gateways, etc
- Click on “save settings.”
- Configuration/setup detail for wireless security
Dlink router supports wireless internet standards 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11b, and 802.11a. 802.11n supports both the frequencies 2.4GHz and 5GHz but 802.11a supports only 5ghz frequencies, 802.11b and 802.11g supports in 2.4GHz. Here are some manual steps to configure wireless security.
- Open the web browser installed on your device
- Type Dlink default IP (168.0.1 ) in the search bar above your web browser. Press enter
- Enter your default user name, “ADMIN.” And leave the password box blank. Press the “login” option beside the password box
- Change your default username and set a new d link router password for security purposes
- Go to the “wireless settings” tab on the upper left side
- Find and click the “manual wireless connection setup” option Below the page
- Select the option “Enable wireless.” And choose “always” from the drop-down menu
- Choose your wireless internet standard according to your wireless band.
- Tick the check box beside the option “Check on Enable Auto Channel Scan.”
- Now Dlink support the channel automatically with its most minor interference
- You can choose your wireless network (SSID) name according to you
- Select your channel width, or it will automatically scan according to your wireless band
- Set the visibility of your router SSID. If you want to show everyone your SSID, select “visible.” If not, then select the option “invisible.”
- Click on “save settings.”
How to setup a Dlink wifi extender? >> Dlink extender setup help
Here are some easy steps to fix the Dlink wifi extender. Follow these carefully to get help with the Dlink extender setup.
- Plug in your Dlink wifi extender within range of your wireless router
- Go to the “Wireless utility” section on your computer
- Select the Wireless network connection (WI-FI) name and enter the password, if available
- Open your web browser and type the link http://dlinkap.local/ in the web browser address bar, or you can use Dlink default IP (168.0.1)
- Enter your user name, “admin,” and leave the password blank. Click on “login.”
- Go to “home” on the right upper. Then Click on “Setup Wizard.”
- Click on the “NEXT” option
- Choose the second option if you want to setup your network manually, then click on “next.”
- Choose your wireless network from the uplink network, then Click on “select.”
- Enter the password of your WI-FI network
- The Dlink wifi extender will re-broadcast the wireless network connection from the router as an extended wifi network. A username (SSID) and password will automatically regenerate for both the wireless internet bands. If you want to change, then enter your username (SSID) and password and click Next to continue
- Your setup is complete. Now click on “save” at the lower right
- There will be a green tick between the router and Dlink wifi extender device
How to update Dlink firmware? >> Dlink firmware update setup
Dlink Firmware will only upgrade when your computer is connected to the router through a LAN wire. Update Dlink firmware in such a simple below step.
- Open your web browser and search the link http://www.dlink.com/support in the address bar to download the latest firmware version. Save this file on your computer
- Type your Dlink default IP (168.0.1), and press enter
- Login to your Dlink router by entering the default username and leaving the password blank. If you have not changed the default password
- Click on login
- Go to “Manual setup,” then go to the “maintenance” section at the top of the page
- Click on “check now” beside the latest firmware version below the page in the “Firmware update” section on the left-hand side
- Go to “browser” and find the latest firmware version file from your directory. Click on the “upload” section.
Your Dlink router’s firmware will update
How to reset a Dlink router >> Dlink router reset Support
In this section, you will get information about how to reset a Dlink router. Follow the step to reset Dlink router.
- Put the device “switch on” while resetting a Dlink router. Insert a paper pin into the hole that says “reset”at the back of the router
- Press and hold the paper pin for 10-15 seconds, and then release
- Your device will automatically reboot. Your Dlink router is reset when the led light stop blinking
Resetting a Dlink router will not change any settings in the Dlink firmware. It will change only the router’s settings to default.
Note: Default username will be “admin,” and password will be left blank.
Official Dlink support numbers
Dlink is the largest networking device manufacturing company from Taiwan that export its product worldwide. Now Dlink is the leading company in the world which is more convenient and connected through a network all over the world. This article mentioned all the information about Dlink router setup, Dlink wifi extender, Dlink firmware Update, Resetting a Dlink router, etc. If you still need help, then you can call on numbers below to connect to official dlink support executive. These numbers are taken from internet sources, and the authorized person might change them. We are not responsible for that. So you are requested to verify these numbers before going through them.
|Dlink support number||1 (877) 453-5465|
|Dlink customer support number USA||1-714-885-6000|
|Dlink office number||+1 800-326-1688|
How to fix the Dlink issues >> Dlink Problem Help
Some issues mentioned below can be faced while using a Dlink router. Follow the instruction to fix issues
- Check your router’s power connection that it is properly connected
- Restart the computer- sometimes, there is a problem with your device, So once you switch “on” and “off,” your device
- Dlink firmware Update – Check whether your firmware is updated. If outdated, then update Dlink firmware through the step mentioned in this article
- Reset dlink router – resetting your router can fix your internet connection issues. The process of resetting a Dlink router is also mentioned above here. You can easily refer to the article on order to fix the Dlink issues.
If you are still facing trouble, you can call on the number provided, to connect to independent third party service provider.
Dlink Support by us
Dlink had setup their business in Singapore to develop worldwide and became the first Taiwanese company listed in India on the Bombay stock exchange in 2001. It received many international achievement awards. In this article, you will find about Dlink router setup, Dlink extender setup, Dlink firmware Update, Reset Dlink router, etc. You can even connect with an independent third-party service provider if you still face problems. They will listen to your issues and will help you to solve them.